Mirror Wall Art
5 Great Places For Custom Mirror Wall Art Pieces
At one point in my life, I lived in an area prone to power outages. We had a small, windowless bathroom that became unusable in the dark. In a spark of inspiration, I placed a small votive candle in front of the vanity mirror, and the whole room lit up. The glow was so warm and comforting. I began to light other spaces by placing candles in front of mirrors, even when the power was working fine.
Light reflected through a mirrored surface is dynamically better than naked light. Decorating your living areas with mirror wall art can make the space brighter, more welcoming, and pleasant to be in.
- Foyer and Entry Halls The first steps into a home are often into darkened foyers or entry halls. Even with glass doors or transom windows, the light available often gets lost in the space. Traditionally, hall mirrors were placed in these areas to take maximize any available light. A mirrored wall art piece adds style and sophistication to this idea, giving visitors a first glimpse into the warm luxury of your home.
- Lower level den or family room Older homes have often been remodeled to expand living space into the basement areas. While these finished spaces are often well designed, lack of windows keeps them dark. A long, horizontal piece along the ceiling line can reflect available light down into the space, without reflecting the television or other entertainment devices. By choosing mirrored art instead of a standard mirror, you can add style and elegance.
- Bathroom or Dressing Area There are always mirrors in the bathroom or dressing area, but too many can create a harsh space. Instead of installing traditional mirrors opposite each other to get a full-body look, consider placing a mirrored art piece instead. One can catch a glimpse of the back of the hair or the rear profile without being bombarded with images whenever entering the room.
- Dining Room Dining by candlelight is romantic, but often too dark and dangerous to be functional. By adding mirrored pieces to the dining room, the overhead lights can be dimmed. Candles along the sidebar, in front of the mirrored art, bathing the room in a warm, glowing light with no chance of knocked over candles and wax stains on the table cloth.
- Outside Spaces Why limit art to the indoors? Mirrored art pieces are weather resistance, and bring style to the patio or covered deck. Mirrored art can easily be hung on any outside wall. Imagine the morning light or evening sunset reflected across the water as you soak in the hot tub. Or, the flames of the grill reflective across the table as you enjoy pre-dinner cocktails.
Wherever it is placed, mirrored wall art will bring light, warmth, and beauty into your home.