Kitchen Wall Decor
5 Ways to Make Your Kitchen Wall Decor Sing By Using Metal Wall Art
Kitchen walls are often left empty, allowing the expanse of cabinets and the appliance fronts to create the style for the room. These rooms often feel impersonal, and traditional remodeling means a costly replacement of these fixtures.
Instead of replacing everything, add a few kitchen wall decor accents to bring the room alive. Modern metal wall decor and sculptural pieces can add color and personality to the kitchen. Off-the-shelf cabinets and lackluster appliances will not be noticed in the shadow of magnificent art.
- Enhance the backsplash - One trend in kitchen design is custom tile and pressed metal backsplashes. These look great, but can be costly. In addition, once every kitchen in the neighborhood has a custom tile backsplash, is it really custom? Consider a mosaic metal art piece instead. These one-of-a-kind panels cannot be replicated by every family on the street, and they bring a unique blend of color and durability to the cooking area. They can also be made just the size you need to protect the wall behind your cooking area.
- Brighten the breakfast nook - A small eating area in the kitchen, whether a corner table or a breakfast bar, can be made sunnier with a metal art sculpture. Vivid colors and floral sculptures can brighten the morning routine. Metal wall art stands out from the wall, giving dimension to a flat area. Adding a smaller, complementary piece as the centerpiece can bring the look together.
- Replace the clock - It seems these days that everyone is racing the clock. Better to take it out of your kitchen and replace it with a custom art mirror. A smaller, round art piece will fit perfectly in the niche formally occupied by the kitchen clock. Allow the food to cook in its own time, and the meal to progress naturally, all while admiring a sea of mirrored tiles or a glowing sun motif.
- Add an elegant pot rack - Smaller kitchens with less storage often have an overbearing rack for hanging pots, cooking utensils, or other kitchen tools. Why not replace that bulky hanger with an elegant piece of metal art? Art pieces designed as coat racks can be repurposed as beautiful and useful holders for all those things that don’t quite fit in the drawers. Not only will the kitchen tools be accessible, the beauty of the kitchen will be enhanced.
- Dress up the kitchen window - Houses are often built close together, and the view out the kitchen window may be into the neighbor’s kitchen. Metal and glass art can be hung in the window, transforming a lackluster view into a world of color variations. As the light changes through the course of the day, so will the art, picking up the angles and shadows.
Hand-washing dishes may even become a favorite thing to do! As you design or redesign your kitchen, consider the beauty to be gained and the costs to be saved by adding a few pieces of custom metal wall art.
Check out some more interesting articles related to different kitchen decor ideas
Dress up that contemporary kitchen with copper wall art
Use a copper wall sculpture to decorate your kitchen with class and style.